Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
[SOLVED]Link found in HTML but not in XML sitemap (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: [SOLVED]Link found in HTML but not in XML sitemap
T.A. Garrison, LLC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Link found in HTML but not in XML sitemap Karma: 0  
I've successfully generated a new sitemap, and I've reviewed the links in the html version. I found all the external links to my directory in the html version, but when I view the xml version of the sitemap, the most important link to my directory is not listed.

I have Joomla on the front-end and in a sub-directory I have my (vast) directory software - not Joomla.

I have a menu item in my main menu for access to the directory. That menu item appears in the html sitemap version.

But, that same link is NOT in the xml version.
I'm using JSitemap Pro for Joomla 2.5.27

I'm going to go through the documentation, again, and see if there is something I'm missing. But the only point of purchasing JSitemap Pro was to assure that the link to the main directory is in the xml sitemap. Google can't find the directory if that's missing.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Most important link not found in xml Karma: 79  
Hello,

the external links having a different domain that the original site where the sitemap is generated are by default excluded from the XML sitemap to ensure that it will be a valid sitemap when submitted to Google.

If you have a site for example at this address:
http;//www.mydomain.com

and inside the related XML sitemap you have a link pointing for example to
http;//directory.mydomain.com

you can't include that link into the sitemap generated on http;//www.mydomain.com because Google will throw an error about 'URL not allowed'.

If you want to try i will tell you how to include the link to external directory using a Joomla template override so customizing the output of JSitemap.

Best regards

John Dagelmore

Logged Logged  
T.A. Garrison, LLC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Most important link not found in xml Karma: 0  
Hi John,
Thank you for the quick reply.

But, the links are "all" within the 1 domain, and I do not use a sub-domain.

I have the Joomla site links in 1 menu.
Then, in a sub-directory (mysite/subdir) is contained the main portion of my site.

My link in the Joomla menu is http://www.mydomain.com/subdir/

The HTML sitemap shows all of the links I have flowing to the sub-directory when I click on the link to the sitemap in the Joomla menu.

The XML sitemap does NOT show all of the items in the menu.
It only shows links to log in and membership types.
But the main directory link is not in the XML sitemap, although it appears in the Joomla menu.

In the screen shot, notice the 2 /prevpmd/ links.
There should be a third link which points to the entry page of the directory (/prevpmd/index.php). But that link has been ignored by JSitemap.

Back to you...

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
For other users we post the solution and explanation.

The menu items of type 'External URL' require the domain address in order to be correctly validated by JSitemap and included also in the XML sitemap.

Missing absolute domain will cause links to be discarded and used only for the HTML sitemap.

Logged Logged  
bvp
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:[SOLVED]Link found in HTML but not in XML sitemap Karma: 0  
Sorry that I have to revive this old thread, but currently I have exactly the same problem.

Some background information:
Most content on my site is reachable via menu. But one article not, because I do not want a menu entry. So I linked to the specific article within another article.

The article shows up in my sitemap, but with an URL like this:
/cms/component/content/article/2-contentpages/93-xyz

When clicking this link, I don't see my menu, because the link has to be called like this:
/cms/category1a/category1b/2-contentpages/93-xyz

So I thought it would be a good idea to create an invisible menu entry with an external link.

But this link does not appear in the XML sitemap. And now we are at the same problem as discussed in this thread.

What exactly means this?
QUOTE:
The menu items of type 'External URL' require the domain address in order to be correctly validated by JSitemap and included also in the XML sitemap.

Do I have to set an absolute or relative URL in the menu? I tried both, both did not work.

Logged Logged  
Go to top