Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
[SOLVED]public chat vs private with friends only problem (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: [SOLVED]public chat vs private with friends only problem
cbais
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]public chat vs private with friends only problem Karma: 0  
I bought JChatSocial a few days ago.....

I use it in combination with easysocial & jomsocial (in the future only easysocial. I am converting al my community sites to easysocial).

I want to have the private chat only with site friends of the community. The members have to be a friend of the other, before they can private chat with each other. If they are not friends on the site, they cannot private chat. No problem, this is covered in the configuration of JChatSocial. Just set Filter by friendship to 'Yes'. (see attached screenshot)

However, when You do this, the public chat (when set to global, but also with the rooms) also is friends only. This is really strange for most users....for example:

Lets say we have 3 members. Member A, B and C.

A is friends with C, not with B.
B is friends with C, not with A
C is friends with A, as wel as B

In this scenario: A types a message in public box. Only C can see this. B cannot. C responds to this. A sees the respons. However, B sees the response also but has never seen the text of A, which C responds too...this gives really strange conversations. Especially when using this on a site with almost 1000 members with all different friends...totally not useable then....

It looks like the setting 'Filter by friendship' is also taken in account with the public chat, which makes the public chat useless....

It would be nice, to have the public chat for ALL site members and the private chat for only sitefriends.....

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top