Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
all members visible in the chat (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: all members visible in the chat
Yebbel
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
all members visible in the chat Karma: 0  
Hello,

I’ve got a question/problem about Jchat.
I’m building a website on my loalhost and I bought the jchat to test it.
It works great and is a very good chat.
My problem is the following:

My site is a community site with all kind of options to meet.
The basic profile is build in community builder(free version) this s where all the members are registered. For each section I use a component from the phpfactory. For dating the love factory and for friendship the social factory. Members can fill in there profile for each section. Everthing works great.
I use the Jchat in dating. Not all the members are registered for dating it is about 50% of all the members.
If a new user fill in his registration in CB and only want to go to friendship he also appears in the datingchat. He can’t use it because he is no member for dating but other members see him in the chat and want to chat with the new user.
I think the Jchat is using the CB as leading.
As you can understand this is a big problem for me.
Is there a way to change this so only the registered users in dating show up in the chat.
In the SQL database there is a specific table for dating users to link to.
It would be better that only friends from the user in dating appear in the chat but the first issue is more important.

Can you help me to solve the problem.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:all members visible in the chat Karma: 79  
Hello,

the chat ships with a default integration with Community Builder. This means that you can limit people available in the chat list to those persons that have a confirmed friendship in CB.

What you need, i think is a development for a custom integration with the component that you are using to join the chat users list with the SQL table where users are registered for dating.

In this way the chat list can be filtered also for the dating status of each user.

Best regards,

John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top