Deactivated user can chat (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Deactivated user can chat
Samson
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Deactivated user can chat Karma: 0  
Hello,

I configured chat, that only members of usergroup "chat" can use it. If a user is taken out of this group, he can still chat, until he logged off or session-table is deleted. He can even chat on, when his account is deactivated.

Always cleaning session table affects the other users, that write topcis, posts, community-posts, blog-posts, chat ... so this is not a good solution, in my opinion.

Is there any possibility to change any setting or integrate a line of code, so group-membership is checked?

Regards
Samson

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Deactivated user can chat Karma: 79  
Hello Samson,

i'm not sure if you mean changing users assignment to groups while users are still logged in and started to use the chat.
If so, Joomla once a user is logged in keeps all assigned groups in session, thus a logout/login is always required to refresh it.

Regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Samson
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Deactivated user can chat Karma: 0  
Hello John,

you are right. I thought, it would be a way to ban a user, to take him out of the usergroup "chat". But this will not work, if assignment to usergroup depends on session. Is there another way to ban a user? I know, members can ignore other chatters, but this is not, what I want to do. I really want to prevent them from further using the chat - like banning them by username.

Kind regards
Samson

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hello Samson,

i think that at the moment the only effective way to kick off a user instantly from a chat , is take him out from the chat usergroup and click on the Joomla logout button in the backend control panel.

Other than that, a specific feature in the context of the chat should be developed to allow administrators to ban users in backend. Eventually i can plan this feature for the next release.

Kind regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Samson
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Deactivated user can chat Karma: 0  
Hi John,

John:
Other than that, a specific feature in the context of the chat should be developed to allow administrators to ban users in backend. Eventually i an plan this feature for the next release.

this would be great. I think, such a feature would be useful for many webmaster and another very good argument for your chat-software.

Kind regards
Samson

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi Samson,

sounds good, i added this to the features list to develop.

kind regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top