Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
How does JchatSocial Enterprise import profiles? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How does JchatSocial Enterprise import profiles?
Jeff
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
How does JchatSocial Enterprise import profiles? Karma: 0  
I really know very little with how this works, so please bear with me.

I have Joomla (of course), Jomsocial, JFBConnect, AlphaUserPoints, Kunena, EasyBlog and MijoShop. I paid someone to set these up so that it would only take one login for a member to access the whole site. It is to my understanding that JFBConnect imports social media login and profile information into Jomsocial, which then stores it in Joomla's User Manager, if that is correct, and that Joomla's User Manager is usually always the primary database to all extensions and user profiles, which is how the other extensions do not require additional logins or another profile to be added, correct? Which bewilders me because I know that in Jomsocial you can add more registration fields, unless that also creates the fields in Joomla.... but anyways..

My questions are when JChatSocial Enterprise allows social media login or even manual login (if it does)..
- Where does it store the new users data?
- Does it create a new profile in Joomla?
- If so, is it able to create the profile in JomSocial?
- If the social media login or the email address already exists, does this extension recognize that and try to synch with it?
- Does JChatSocial integrate with JFBConnect?

Lastly, do you have any recommendations in how to utilize the social media login from JChatSocial, as another opportunity to add a new user profile to the main database (to ensure no duplicate profiles and that all extensions will work with it)?

Sincerely.
Completely clueless to how all that works.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:How does JchatSocial Enterprise import profiles? Karma: 79  
Hi Jeff,

it works more or less in the same way like other extension such as JFBConnect.
It creates a new user in the Joomla database recognizing it using the email address if it already exists. If youhave JomSocial this can be synced also wit JomSocial table. It has nothing to do with JFBConnect, it does a similar job,
You can use it as a tool to add new registered users to the main database of course.

Sincerely
John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top