J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room
ProGuide B.V.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room Karma: 0  
Is it possible to join more than 1 chatroom at the same time?

There is a indication that some one has joined a chatroom, but it seems that leaving a chatroom is not indicated to other users.

Tom

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room Karma: 79  
Hi Tom,

no users can join 1 chatroom at each time to post messages into it.

There is a button and a popup to show users currently joined to chatrooms, the message to indicate that a user leaved a chatroom is not delivered but eventually we can add that in the next release.

Cheers!
John

Logged Logged  
ProGuide B.V.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room Karma: 0  
John, thanks for the speedy reply.

Would be nice to have an indication if a user left a chatroom ( configurable preferred )

Let me explain the reason for my first question.

Whe would like a setup where users ( schools and art teachers ) can freely chat with each other,
But we have would like to have some chatrooms for specific topics which should be monitored by keyusers ( art teachers ).

However because for some topic not always there is an art teacher available we would like our administration and planning monitor all topics ( chatrooms). So that is kind of a 'live-ticketing' setup.

Could you give me some hints what a usable setup would be. ( I tried several, but have not find the optimal ( menaing simple for the users ) setup.

Tom

B.T.W. Awesome extension ( also using jSitemap from you )

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Chatrooms: join more than 1 room and visualize if someone left the room Karma: 79  
Thanks a lot Tom Also for using JSitemap of course

The only idea that i can think of is mouse hovering the chatroom indicator to show users currently joined and evaluate if the teacher is present.

Or join a chatroom anc click on the 'users icon' to show the list of users currently joined.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top