Re:offline user message (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:offline user message
Creazioni Grafiche Porro & c sas
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
offline user message Karma: 0  
Hi,
I would like to send messages between offline users, so they can retrive the message once they go online, but I can't see the offline users in the chat. I see a user only if he goes online.
Is it possible to send messages to offline users? How can I achive that?
Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:offline user message Karma: 79  
Hi,

you need to use the private messagin feature of the Enterprise edition of JChat to have messaging between registered users even if offline. You can see an example here: http://demo.storejextensions.org/jchatsocial_enterprise/index.php/private-messaging
logging in as demouser/demouser

If you want to upgrade let me know
Thanks

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:offline user message Karma: 0  
Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I want to upgrade because I need this feature. How can I upgrade? Can I pay only the difference?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hi, thank you!

Yes sure

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:offline user message Karma: 0  
Hi,
1) I installed the module of the chat, but I can't see anything. It's blank, except for the title. Why?
2) If for example I write a message to an offline user, when he goes online is possible to give him a notification that he has some messages?
3) Is possible to view the offline users into the chat box and not only in the chat page?
Thanks

Gabriele

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hi,

1) i think that you mean the chat component and not module... it's a component not a module...however i can't understand what is blank, if frontend or backend... contact me by email providing site address and admin account so that i can understand: This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
2) Notifications for new messages are shown in the left column beside the user name in the page of the private messaging. If you want to give users a notification you can activate the email notification that works the same as Facebook.
3) If you mean the normal chatbox with the users list, this is not possible because it works with realtime logged in users also supporting guests users that are not logged in. For this purpouse has been developed the private messaging system.

Thanks,
best regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top