J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Send a private message button (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Send a private message button
made4u
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Send a private message button Karma: 0  
Hi

I am looking for a way to add a "Send message" button to, for example, a blogger page that will allow other users to private message the author using Jchatsocial private chat.

I really like Jchatsocial sleek and optimised design, feature full, and I want to unify all the different message systems that other components already provide, into only one, Jchatsocial, however I cannot find a simple way to place a send message button wherever I want and to be honest it is a bit of a deal breaker, as other Chat system allow this kind of cusomization.

It is not a problem if I need to modify your code or integrate it with other MVC components. Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Send a private message button Karma: 79  
Hi,

JChat is a very complex application so integrating it with other extension is not always an easy task.
Everything is rendered and based on a javascript application, so you have to deal with javascript most probably to integrate certain features into another component.

You need to analyze the file main.js, unminify it and eventually check as the ajax request to send messages is done to the server model.

An easier task would be place the call to open a chatbox from another component. This could be done in plain javascript triggering the chatbox open event. Notice that everything is based on the Joomla session ID.

For further dev info please contact me directly by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it because i'm the developer of this extension.
You can email me on Saturday please, i will be abroad for a couple of days

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top