Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles?
Craig Luecke
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? Karma: 0  
I was able to install JChatSocial on my Joomla/Jomsocial site without problem. We moved to this from Cometchat and so far very happy that we did.

How can I embed a chatroom into a webpage/article? We stream live video from YouTube Live and need a chatroom next to the live video. We were able to do this with Cometchat.

How can this be done?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Craig Luecke
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? Karma: 0  
I do see under THEMES and ASPECT that you can change the rendering mode from AUTO to CUSTOM MODULE.

Does this mean you can only do one or the other? There is no way to embed a chatroom when AUTO is selected? If I choose to use the embedded chatroom then I lose the standard sitewide chat. We were able to do this using Cometchat.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? Karma: 79  
Hi Craig,

yes that's how it can be rendered. If you choose to use the module rendering the chat will be positioned using modules but this will involve both the userslist and the public chat box for chatrooms.

Logged Logged  
Craig Luecke
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? Karma: 0  
Then I will need to go back to Cometchat.

To embed a chatroom on a given page such as a video feed from YouTube, Twitch, etc does not work well with JChatSocial in that you have the private and public chats stacked together.

I don't understand why you would have the standard private chat box and chatrooms tied together with no option to do both a module render AND keep the private chat in the lower right hand corner.

Going further, your web conference page has no chat componant to it at all. Yes, you can have people dial in, webcam, but what about the audience viewers? If the public chatroom was embedable I could add that to the web conference and have full communications the same as YouTube Live, Twitch, Hitbox, Vaughn, etc.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Embedding Chatrooms into Joomla Articles? Karma: 79  
Well thanks for the suggestion, by the way the main reason is that nobody asked this before. All our customers are used to show both private/public chat stacked together. by the way to increase the component flexibility i think that it will be a good feature to add.

Maybe a quick solution would be use the chat rendering as a module, then use CSS to move the private chat box to the right hand corner. Applying a fixed positionment to the private chat you will have a mixed mode.

Logged Logged  
Go to top