Please Login to access forum.
Re:Have to Refresh Browser (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Have to Refresh Browser
Raymond Barrett
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Have to Refresh Browser Karma: 0  
Using Jchatsocial to communicate with site visitors as Superuser, I often have to refresh my browser in order to see new messages. If I do not refresh my screen I will not know that the new messages are there. My session does not time out since I use "session-saver" extension. Any solutions?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Have to Refresh Browser Karma: 79  
Hi Ray,

we have already talked for days about this.
Writing here won't make any difference, i will continue to say you same things again and again.

John

Logged Logged  
Raymond Barrett
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Have to Refresh Browser Karma: 0  
Hello John,

You have stated that it is likely a problem with my Joomla Session Refresh. I am not familiar with this. Can you give some guidance as to what this is, and how it has to be set to work with Jchatsocial?

Thank you,
Ray

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hello Ray,

firstly i suggested that it is likely a problem of the Joomla session refresh timestamp, but this was intended for the issue that you reported regarding disappearing users. That fix was related to change the parameter 'Max inactivity time to strip out users' in the chat configuration that i've already said you to set to 'Use Joomla session timeout'

If you report that new messages need a refresh this is another story. It's more likely the connection is stopped in some way at a certain point, but i've no clue on this.
Eventually you could try to inspect the network traffic using Google Chrome Developers tools when you are not receiving new messages, to determine if the AJAX requests are still going on.

Best regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Raymond Barrett
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Have to Refresh Browser Karma: 0  
Hello John,

Yes, it appears that after chatting back and forth for about 5 minutes b/w different visitors, there is issues with AJAX requests. I get the following error:
POST https://telementalhealthtraining.com/index.php?option=com_jchat&format=json net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

It is not my network, b/c it happens on other internet networks, and I have contacted my hosting provider (Godaddy) and they have not found a cause.
I am having some trouble tracking down the cause of this. Is anyone aware of some common causes of this?

I will certainly post the solution if I find it.

Thank you,

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hello Ray,

yes as i said in past days, at some point and for some reason the network streaming by AJAX is stopped.

My thoughts are:

1. Directly related to the server and hosting provider (GoDaddy), closing AJAX requests after a certain number or time
2. Some extensions installed in Joomla that prevent flooding or too many AJAX requests

Eventually you could try to slow down requests using the parameter 'Server load' and reducing it.

As of now i've no other customer experimenting this issue.

Best regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top