Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Disable some options in the settings (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Disable some options in the settings
Wil
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Disable some options in the settings Karma: 0  
Hello John,

I’ve got a question about the settings in the chat module of a member.

There are a few options like:
Activate chat
Turn off chat
Do not disturb
Reset chatboxes position
Minimized chatboxes
Private messaging

Can you help me to disable the options:
Activate chat because the chat is private abd always active this option doen’s do anything now.
Reset chatboxes position because I created fixed positions on the template where the boxes appear. If a member use this option everything get messed up.
Private messaging because this is very annoing. I only use the private chat and if a member enter this option he can use it and I don’t want that.

Thanks fo the help.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Disable some options in the settings Karma: 79  
Hello,

the way to remove those buttons from the interface is adding a css code to your template as below:

Code:

span.jchat_user_available, span.jchat_optionsstatus.available, span.jchat_reset_chatboxes, span.jchat_resetposition, span.jchat_open_privatemess, span.jchat_privatemess { display: none !important; }
John

Logged Logged  
master_b
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Disable some options in the settings Karma: 0  
Hi, guys you must optimize code because its wrong way. for example i make some optimization for my site and have avr. loading speed 3-4 sec. After chat installation i see 9-11sec on my home page and over 60 additional requests! i disable some options in backend and what i see? chat still load this options they just hidden from user on front =\

I think if i disable some options this code must be removed from page loading automatically. I hope you make this in next nearest release

PS. make more time for session live

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi master,

the chat message stream requires some server resources obviously so if the server has low performance and the website a lot of concurrent users it could slow down.

I don't understand anything:

QUOTE:
i disable some options in backend and what i see? chat still load this options they just hidden from user on front =\

I think if i disable some options this code must be removed from page loading automatically. I hope you make this in next nearest release

PS. make more time for session live

Logged Logged  
master_b
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Disable some options in the settings Karma: 0  
about disabled options see attach. if in browser any user change css to display block (using firebug for example) this option be work

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
So i add features and you want to remove them? The CSS way that i suggested was the easiest. You worry about users using firebug and tweaking the chat? OMG if you want to remove all buttons you have to customize the script. So remove buttons from the javascript script root/components/com_jchat/js/main.js

Logged Logged  
Go to top