Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Export jchat tables v291 and Import jchat tables v210 (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Export jchat tables v291 and Import jchat tables v210
Bertrand Couvin
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Export jchat tables v291 and Import jchat tables v210 Karma: 0  
Hello John,

I have an issue when exporting jchat tables v291/joomla v352 from Production server and importing jchat tables to development server jchat v2.10 / joomla 362.

After importing on development server, jchat is not launching. Knowing that jchat v2.10 / joomla 362 works OK.

After comparing some tables (not all tables), I found that the type of "message" had changed in #_jchat tables ("text" type in v291) and ("mediumtext" type in v210).

I am asking myself if this caused a problem. Do you have an idea? and what is the best process to make the upgrade without issues?

Thanks
Regards

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Export jchat tables v291 and Import jchat tables v210 Karma: 79  
Hello,

well this is not an upgrade, this is a weird operation mixing data from different databases. Still not sure what you are attempting to do with this. I've not idea about the issue, because that could be related to different version of MySQL database, server etc

I suggest to run again the JChat 2.10 installation on the development server after that you tried to import tables from the production server. At least this will ensure that the installer script to align database structure to 2.10 run again after the import.

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top