Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
[SOLVED]Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: [SOLVED]Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views
Prince H. Marshall, Jr., Inc.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views Karma: 0  
Very happy with Responsivizer. Even though I read through documentation, there were still a few things I discovered by by chance while experimenting, though I admit I read the docs quickly and might have missed a few things.

That said, here is my issue. We have a "Reviews" category/menu item. The menu item is set as category blog. Each article in this category (most at least) are embedded reviews and ratings received on our Facebook page's reviews section. The Reviews category blog then shows (in desktop mode) the titles of articles and show the embedded Facebook review or rating, one after the other.

In mobile mode, It is only showing article titles and the alt text for the embedded post, but not the post itself. When going to the individual article itself only the alt text for the post shows. Just to make sure it wasn't a misstep on my part, I also added the fb-root script to the responsivizer template index.php, with no difference.

Now we also have a Videos page set up the same way, and there is no problem with the embedded posts showing, and they were working even before adding the fb-root script to the template.

Site in question

I thought I would post here first even though I think this is more a support issue since it isn't an issue of trying to do something that doesn't already work normally without Responsiver.

Any thoughts, especially one that resolves the issue, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views Karma: 79  
Hello,

thank you very much for your feedback.

I had a look at your site page, in my opinion it's a problem due to the fb javascript scripts. I looked in the source code of both desktop/mobile template and i detected 2 fb-root and facebook all.js inclusions, also Chrome throws a notice about a first app id not valid.
I'm not sure if this can be related or if this happens because you added fb-root to the template, or if it's related to the social share feature of responsivizer, maybe you can test disabling it?

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views Karma: 0  
Well I tried disabling the social share in Responsivizer with no change.

Among the things I tried after that was changing the embed code from Facebook. I was still able to see the review in the desktop version but not in the mobile version.

Interesting thing though, now I cannot see the alt text in the mobile view either after making edits. All the content there existed before I installed Resposivizer but it seem that Responsivizer really doesn't like the embed post code from Facebook. I also tried saving blank version of the review I was testing on and then re-inserting he code. Still the alt text would not show up.

I will have to escalate this to Support because that really seems like it is an issue with the Responsivizer code.

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views Karma: 0  
After escalating to Support (where I got very prompt assistance) it turns out that I had dropped a closing div tag in the Facebook embed code. So it wasn't Responsivizer's fault or Facebook's but mine (hanging my head in shame).

Just another instance of how a small omission (or addition) to code can have huge effects.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Facebook posts embedded as articles not showing in mobile views Karma: 79  
Thanks to post the solution of this issue

Logged Logged  
Go to top