J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Permission Denied when i try to override the css files (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Permission Denied when i try to override the css files
Multi Ingenium
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Permission Denied when i try to override the css files Karma: 0  
im trying to override the css files inside of the reponsivizer directory but i cant. the message that i got in filezilla is: "553 Can't open that file: Permission denied". This issue is just with the responsivizer directory, no problem with another directory. All permissions are given for the ftp user. Thx 4 ur help

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Permission Denied when i try to override the css files Karma: 79  
Hello,

to edit the main file used by the responsivizer template the path is: joomlapath/templates/responsivizer/css/main.css
This file can also be edited with the backend editor that is integrated in responsivizer and can be opened in the control panel. If you receive an error about permissions in Filezilla it looks like chmod on that file or directory are not set properly to be edited.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Multi Ingenium
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Permission Denied when i try to override the css files Karma: 0  
I try to set 777 permissions on this file: joomlapath/templates/responsivizer/css/themes/backgrounds/ black.css and receive this message: "550 Could not change perms on black.css: Operation not permitted". This problem is just with all directories and files that are inside of the responsivizer directory ( joomlapath/templates/responsivizer). No permissions problem with any other file.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Permission Denied when i try to override the css files Karma: 79  
Hello,

if the component has been installed recently maybe there could be a permissions problem on that folder. However it's related to chmod on the server, it's a normal folder like others.

Logged Logged  
Go to top