Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Chameleon blocking Mobile detection (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Chameleon blocking Mobile detection
Richard Taft
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Chameleon blocking Mobile detection Karma: 0  
Mobile detection seems to be blocked by Chameleon... when I disable all the rules it seems to allow Responsivizer to function. However if I create a Chameleon rule that detects mobile devices and simply stops rule processing it seems to work on "Most" mobile devices, and not at all with the device emulator that built into Responsivizer. Is there a way to make Responsivizer execute BEFORE Chameleon. I can;t seem to move the switcher to a point before Chameleon in the module manager

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Chameleon blocking Mobile detection Karma: 79  
Hello Richard,

it looks like chameleon and responsivizer do the same thing, detects devices thus probably can't work together, or at least they trigger a race condition.

I've never tried or worked with Chameleon and i don't know how it work but i guess that it's based on a system plugin like responsivizer.

In this case you can try to change the ordering in the plugins list for the responsivizer template switcher and chameleon to see if something changes.

Greetings,

John

Logged Logged  
Richard Taft
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Chameleon blocking Mobile detection Karma: 0  
Thanks for that Reply. I tried that.... I made sure all the System - Responsivizer plugins came before the System - Chameleon plugins. Still No change.... I'm going to try and turn off the Chameleon plugin and see if that helps.... if so then the order in the plugin screen has nothing to do with the execution

My understanding is that the Responsivizer Template does all the Heavy lifting and that if i use Chameleon's detection of Mobile devices to load the Responsivizer Template then everything else (except the emulator) will work as expected. Is that assumption correct?

As a side note.... if I enable "switch always" then the emulator starts working,

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Chameleon blocking Mobile detection Karma: 79  
Hi Richard,

yes the plugin 'Responsivizer template switcher' doeas all the job of the mobile detection and doesn't need any additional plugin to work. Notice that the Responsivizer template style must no have assignments, it's loaded automatically by the plugin. The emulator loads the responsivizer template in another way and not involving plugin, in particular you can test it appending the query string '?template=responsivizer' to URLs of your site.

Logged Logged  
Go to top