Please Login to access forum.
Tag List Links Not Working (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tag List Links Not Working
Hoffman Web Solutions
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Tag List Links Not Working Karma: 0  
I have a website where I have recipes listed. In each article I include tags for certain ingredients. I then created a menu item "Compact List of Tagged Items" and select the tags I want to display for the current week.

The list appears correctly, however when I click on the linked article in the list (on the mobile page) it simply returns me to my mobile home page.

Since these are individual articles (and a lot of them) I don't have them assigned to their own individual menu item. Therefore I cannot assign the Responsivizer template to the specific menu item (as it doesn't exist for the article).

Not sure if I am missing something here or if this is beyond the capabilities of Responsivizer.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

A note: this features works fine on the desktop version of the site.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Tag List Links Not Working Karma: 79  
Hello, well i've no clue about what the problem could be. At first thought it seems a routing issue for tags links on mobile.

I should investigate a but deeper on your site to understand something more, in particular if this is related to the mobile template Responsivizer or to some other mobile incompatibilities of the tags component.

Greetings,

John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Tag List Links Not Working Karma: 79  
UPDATE:

we investigated a bit and we found the reason of the problem. This is due to the way the Joomla routing works for articles linked to a tags view and the feature 'Mobile home page' used on mobile.
Indeed the articles under the tags list are all routed to the home page, the Joomla tags component doesn't append the menu item alias. As a result they are routed accordingly to the mobile home page, recognized as home links.

A quick workaround is linking the categories containing the articles to proper Joomla menu items using for example a view 'Category blog' or 'Category list'.
This is also reflected in the tags list properly routing the links for articles.

Logged Logged  
Go to top