Trial installation issue (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Trial installation issue
Mauro
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Trial installation issue Karma: 0  
Hi and thanks for thins extension!

I'm trying to install a trial version I received from your support service on my Joomla 1.5 website.

The installation is ok, as I get the standard confirmation message shown on your pdf documentation. But, once I click the link to access the Responsivizer admin panel, I get the following error message:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /mnt/116/sdb/a/4/stefanstennis/administrator/components/com_responsivizer/framework/registry/format/json.php on line 45
This is the phpinfo of my website, which is built on a free.fr with mysql enabled. Is there a solution to this problem or does it mean I can't install your extension on my server? Thank you!

Logged Logged  
  The topic has been closed.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Trial installation issue Karma: 79  
Hi Mauro,

the main problem is that you don't have PHP support for the function json_decode
So the first step is to ask to the hosting provider to enable it.

The PHP version used is very old, currently: PHP Version 5.1.3
It should be upgraded at least to PHP 5.2 but maybe Responsivizer will work fine even on PHP 5.1 provided the missing json_decode funtion

Contact the support service by email for additional informations.

Logged Logged  
Mauro
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Trial installation issue Karma: 0  
Hi John,
thanks for your quick reply. I'm afraid they don't give any support on free webspace. I activated my website on free.fr service more than 10 years ago, now it is only for their customers, who pay a subscription to their internet services and apparently are the only ones allowed to receive support.

I'm sorry I won't be able to use your extension, unless another "trick" is available.

Kind regards,
Mauro

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi Mauro,

a trick would be possible but would involve a custom development to integrate into the component any missing libraries in your PHP version.
Considering that the component has never been tested on PHP 5.1 and that you even are not sure if it will solve your problem, maybe that's not the case to go on.

Kind regards

Logged Logged  
Mauro
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Trial installation issue Karma: 0  
Hi John,
after some time, I finally managed to have the php version on my website upgraded to 5.6.8!!!

The first thing I did was then to install my trial version of Responsivizer. I immediately noticed that when I connected to my website though a mobile device I only got a blank page. The admin panel in the component can be seen, all the active modules are displayed, but nothing can be done.

Can you confirm that everything is normal and the trial version only gives an outlook of how the extension works?
By the way, I don't get any error in the admin backend and the desktop version of my website can be viewed normally

Thanks for your support
Mauro

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi Mauro,

happy for this finally!

The blank page means that the trial package is expired.
Contact me again by mail to receive a new trial package.

Kind regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top