Please Login to access forum.
CSS Issue (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: CSS Issue
Findlay Foods
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
CSS Issue Karma: 0  
Greetings, I was hoping you could point me in the correct direction.

I have another CSS issue with <A href> tags

I have a existing menu on my site that lists a few hundred recipes. I made a module of the menu and set it with a loadposition and placed that in an article and hung the article off my Mobile menu with the template set to the Responsivizer default.

When the pages are viewed I again have lost my styling for the A href tags. When I look at the page on my desktop I see that the recipe pages are being displayed using the desktop template of the original menu.

Other than recreating the menu and setting each menu item to the mobile template is there someway to achieve my goals using the module and the loadposition method?

The link to my Mobile Main Menu is: http://findlayfoods.com/mobile-front-page

Thanks for your assistance.

G

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:CSS Issue Karma: 79  
Greetings,

the issue is still the same.

Copy styles from the desktop template and apply to the mobile one.

Code:

div.item-page ul li a, div.item-page ul li a:link, div.item-page ul li a:visited { color: #F9011A !important; }
Change the CSS selector based to the element you want to apply the red links color. Best regards J.

Logged Logged  
Findlay Foods
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:CSS Issue Karma: 0  
I tried adding the code you recommended, the links did not change color. When I bring up the emulator and inspect the element in Firefox I see.

in this pic I have edited the link color and the links did turn red. ( I think this CSS supersedes the CSS you recommended. However I then added that CSS to the main.css file and I do not get the links being colored.

I must confess I am still a CSS newbie but am trying to understand.

Not sure what I need to add to achieve my goal.

G

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Try to add the code that i suggested to you at the top of the main.css file, now you didn't added it the code is not there at all.

Code:

div.item-page ul li a, div.item-page ul li a:link, div.item-page ul li a:visited { color: #F9011A !important; }
Also ensure that the main.css is not cached once you added it. J

Logged Logged  
Findlay Foods
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:CSS Issue Karma: 0  
Thanks for the response. I thought did add the code you recommended, i thought I could see it in the image I attached to my last post, just underneath the images I send, just underneath the red rectangle. It looked like it was over-ridden to me, but I guess I'm wrong if you say so.

Here is the code that I placed in the main.css, perhaps I did something wrong, if so please advise.
http://findlayfoods.com/images/maincss-pic.jpg

Sorry to be a nob, just trying to get this working.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

G

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
I found the code but it looks that the HTML structure is now different on certain recipes.

In this case try to add and replace with the following code:

Code:

#main_component div.item-page a, #main_component div.item-page a:link, #main_component div.item-page a:visited { color: #F9011A !important; }
This will work Cheers J

Logged Logged  
Go to top