J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
[SOLVED]Read more directs back to home page (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: [SOLVED]Read more directs back to home page
Clint Lanier
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Read more directs back to home page Karma: 0  
Hi, I'm trying to set up responsivizer on update.bucketlistbars.com. I have a mobile home page set to a category blog. For some reason the "lead more" links, the title links, etc., just go back to the same page instead of linking to the actual article. Is there any direction you can give me?

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The topic has been closed.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Read more directs back to home page Karma: 79  
Hi,

probably not so much direction that i can give you.

I only notice that it has something to do with links routing, resolving to http://update.bucketlistbars.com/13-news/... instead of http://update.bucketlistbars.com/news-articles/...

John

Logged Logged  
Clint Lanier
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Read more directs back to home page Karma: 0  
Okay so the custom home page is simply pointing to a menu item, news-articles, so would this redirect have something to do with it? Should it go to an article page instead? Is the redirect then causing an issue with links on the page?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
I don't think, AFAIK custom home page and redirect have nothing to do with links on the page, however you can perform some tests disabling every kind of mobile redirect. Maybe there is a kind of edge case.

Logged Logged  
Clint Lanier
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Read more directs back to home page Karma: 0  
the 13-news is the category and id that the category pages were going to. It seems that it doesn't matter what's on the page, if the custom home page is set to "on" then the links on the custom home won't work. I took it off the category blog and have it going to a single article with a single link to a different article. If you click the link the page still does not move.

In the device emulator in the control panel it give the same result, it won't leave the page. This is the link the device emulator shows from that link: http://update.bucketlistbars.com/13-news/105-10-historic-events-that-happened-in-bars?template=responsivizer

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
This happens because you are in a close loop.

The redirect to the home page keeps going on and on even when clicking on a single article link, because it's still routed to the home page menu item and it's recognized as the home page menu item.

To have this special use case i tried to modify the redirection plugin of responsivizer.

You can install the plugin attached here and test if it does the trick.
File Attachment:
File Name: resp_plugin.zip
File Size: 2573

Logged Logged  
Go to top