J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Right Threshold for mobile switch (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Right Threshold for mobile switch
Webagentur-Helm
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Right Threshold for mobile switch Karma: 0  
Hi Folks,

i´ve got a client Website with a width of 900px. I want to switch to responsive view when its turned to portrait mode on IPad2 (768px). On landscape (1024px) it shout show the normal site. I played around with the settings of threshold, but cant get this to work out. Any idea?

Thanks,
Dennis

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Right Threshold for mobile switch Karma: 79  
Hello Dennis,

the resolution threshold is a setting of the responsivizer template not the desktop template.
This means that it affects the mobile template, the threshold trepassing will show the responsivizer template without 1 column linearization but not the desktop one, that's not possible.

You can choose to exclude tablets, but landscape/portrait mode can't be managed.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Webagentur-Helm
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Right Threshold for mobile switch Karma: 0  
Hi John,

thanks again for your quick answer! What i dont understand: I set the Website Width to 900px and thought if i set 768px in the Threshold Settings, all Screendimesions above are shown with the normal template and underneath 768px it shows the responsive template. Am i wrong with that?

And: Where can i exclude Tablets, didnt find it in the settings.

Thanks,
Dennis

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Right Threshold for mobile switch Karma: 79  
Hi Dennis,

basically the threshold and website width sizing that normally are set to 1024px, should only be changed if you need to use the responsivizer template exclusively on the site, i mean also for desktop. Under 1024px normally the layout should be single column to best adapt on mobile devices.

The tablets exclusion can be found under 'Plugins settings' as in the pic below.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top