J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:hamburger menu already on site (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:hamburger menu already on site
Michelle
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
hamburger menu already on site Karma: 0  
Hi -

I have a main menu on the desktop site that is in a hamburger or trigger menu already that I would like to keep as the mobile trigger menu. I also have a set of buttons that I call the action menu that I want to display on mobile as horizontal buttons, but also add a few items (only for mobile). How can I keep the main menu in the trigger format? Do I need to create a new menu for the horizontal buttons on mobile?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:hamburger menu already on site Karma: 79  
Hi,

the responsivizer template has already a mobile 'hamburger' menu in various format so you don't need the one used for desktop template. Refer to the PDF docs at the paragraph 'Mobile menu positions and management'

If you think to have a mobile menu used on desktop that will work well even on mobile and it's a separate Joomla module, you can even try to use it on the responsivizer template. Just assign it to a responsivizer template position.

Obviously if you need different/more items for a mobile menu you have to create a new menu in Joomla.

Logged Logged  
Michelle
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:hamburger menu already on site Karma: 0  
Ok, I've figured out the menu situation, but if I use the Responsivizer hamburger menu, then it will not load my custom social media bar in the topmenu position. I tried using the social share included with Responsivizer but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of moving it to the topmenu position.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
The 'topmenu' - responsivizer_menu_top position is meant to be used ONLY for the menu and nothing else. It's a special position to render a mobile menu and should not be used for your social share nor for other modules.

Social share included in Responsivizer are done to be rendered at the bottom and without modules, thus there is no way to move up/down.

Logged Logged  
Michelle
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:hamburger menu already on site Karma: 0  
Ok so if I want a bar at the top above the logo with my trigger menu and my social media bar module, which I currently have in the menu-top position (with the responsivizer menu), how do I do that? I can't figure out how to style the css of that position without putting a new class into the index.php file (bc the class for that is a nav class and there's no nav there). and you can't move a user position up there. So...

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
You can't the responsivizer_menu_top position is meant to be the uppermost position and nothing will be above it, unless you customize the template code at your convenience.

Logged Logged  
Go to top