Please Login to access forum.
Re:Strange problem (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Strange problem
David Kerr
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Strange problem Karma: 0  
I have a J2.5 site that has been operating for seven years.

I installed Responsivizer to make the mobile site. I made sure to read all the docs and things seemed to go smoothly, but I have the following situation which is very puzzling:

a. The mobile site has one module (let us call it 1), followed by the custom menu item, followed by two more modules (one of which uses Jevents- let us call them 2 and 3) and then a Copyright footer.

b. On the emulator, the custom home page shows and the footer but not the two modules numbered 2 and 3. Makes no difference if set for phones or tablets.

c. On an HTC phone and an Asus tablet, Module 1 shows as well as modules 2 & 3 and the footer. BUT The custom menu item does NOT show and is replaced by all the featured articles from the frontpage of the normal web site.

Very frustrating and I cannot see why.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regds,
Dave

PS- the three Accordian settings are set to "no" plus I have a custom logo which always shows up okay. The two widths in the template settings are set to 1024px. But I have tried others with no effect.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
David Kerr
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Strange problem Karma: 0  
Ps2, I have also tried other custom home page menu items and none make any difference.

Logged Logged  
David Kerr
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
PS3, the web site url is:
http://www.pittwaterparish.org

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Strange problem Karma: 79  
Hi David,

i had a look and test at your site, it seems somehing related to the custom home page, trying to access with my mobile i get the list of featured articles and not the menu item set as mobile home.

I should have a look at the backend configuration to investigate a bit more and help you.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
David Kerr
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Many thanks to John for his very speedy responses and assistance.

A couple of things I learned which might help others just starting up:

1. When responsivizer copies the modules (see the inbuilt module manager), it leaves the page assignments selected. So you need to go into those modules in Joomla itself and change the assignments- probably to say "all pages". You will probably be changing the names in any case, so that is a perfect time to do it. Most of my modules had assignments to appear only on certain pages, and naturally, these pages were on the main website and not responsivizer. The results were very variable and very strange indeed until fixed.

2. When using a custom web page, I pointed it to a menu item on the Top menu of my Joomla template. This menu was set in the menu options of the menu manager to only appear on certain (Joomla) pages (which of course did not include responsivizer pages). So, what happened instead, was that all my Featured articles appeared on the responsivizer mobile site.

I am sure the above are all perfectly obvious to others but the info might help new customers.

Best Regards,
Dave

Logged Logged  
Go to top