Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff
Galveston Bay RV Resort and Marina
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff Karma: 0  
I am migrating our site to Joomla! 2.5. We also decided to make it Mobile ready too.

It appears that the Frontage map image is either too large causing the content to be cut-off. This is occurring in the article views too.

I previously tried the JSN Mobilize component and was very dissatisfied with the results. Any Ideas?

Also, can you show the Main Menu module title in Responsivizer and not the Desktop?

Thank You for any assistance. Rich

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff Karma: 79  
Hello Rich,

from your description it seems that the map image has a fixed width causing trimmed contents. A CSS override assigning a fluid percentage width should easily solve the problem.

I don't know JSN Mobilize so i couldn't say more.

About the modules used mobile/desktop the answer is yes, you can duplicate the menu module assigning to a responsivizer position including the title, this will not affect the module used on desktop template.

John

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff Karma: 0  
Thank You for the fast response.

Do you provide any support for this type of issue?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Yes sure,

contact me for site info and access account.

John

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Frontpage Content/Articles Cutoff Karma: 0  
The Front Page looks great! Thank You for the assistance. However,some articles are still being cutoff (i.e. /articles/area-attractions) and some are not (i.e /articles/birds-of-galveston-bay). I tried to re-format the individual articles so they would fit with little success
Is there something that I may be missing?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hello,

i had a look at your site , you should remove the fixed width of the tables hardcoded in the HTML,
otherwise also on mobile the tables will have width of 740px.
Use CSS to set dimensions and use fluid percentage on mobile, 100% will fit mobile screens.

Code:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 740px;width: 100%;" width="535"><tbody><tr> <td style="width: 736px;"> <p style="text-align: justify;"> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:verdana,geneva,sans-serif;">From the Gulf Shore beaches of Galveston and&nbsp;the upscale&nbsp;Kemah&nbsp;Boardwalk district to all that Houston has to offer, Galveston Bay RV Resort &amp; Marina is a place you will want to call Home.<br><br> Take a morning walk or bicycle ride just a short distance from the resort and buy fresh crab, shrimp and oysters right off the boats. Whether from a boat or from shore, top-notch salt water fishing is in your back yard.<br><br> Venture just minutes away and a long list of nature, culture, and entertainment awaits.</span></span></p> </td> </tr></tbody></table>

Logged Logged  
Go to top