Re:Offline Plugin (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Offline Plugin
acecom
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Offline Plugin Karma: 0  
Dear,
Just installed Analytics on testdomain. Looks nice. When starting to test i noticed it didn't pickup the visits of the offline landing page. The default joomla offlinepage is handled by a plugin, so there is no reference to a page. I tried to use the event stats to be sure, but no movement in there also.
Any way i could solve this.
Regards
I.Smalle

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Offline Plugin Karma: 79  
Hello,

the stats tracking requires the normal Joomla execution lifecycle, this means that system plugins must be executed and Joomla page need to be showed to the users... if the offline page use some kind of redirects and it's outside Joomla exec the stats tracking probably is skipped.

Should analyze better how it works to undestand if a workaround is possible.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
acecom
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Offline Plugin Karma: 0  
Dear,
Since the plugin offers to enter html code, it should be possible to find a work around, in this plugin i have the custom html from google analytics and they seem to pick it up, i tested thru their realtime function. I supposed since this piece of code was inside, maybe analyzer would pick it up also, but no luck.
If you need additional info let me know
Regards
ISmalle

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
If the plugin offers to enter HTML code a possible workaround should be using the events manager and enter an iframe hidden html with the link to that event to be tracked.

This is similar to the technique used to track documents download directly stored on the server. In the pdf documentation it's explained at the paragraph 'Track direct document download'

If can enter the iframe in the plugin code using the url pointing to a single event the tracking will be recorded, socu as the following:

Code:

<iframe src="http://mysite.com/index.php?option=com_jrealtimeanalytics&track=1" style="display:none"></iframe>
Of course if you enter simply an iframe to the site the home page should be tracked with no events manager involved:
Code:

<iframe src="http://mysite.com" style="display:none"></iframe>
Best regards John

Logged Logged  
acecom
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Offline Plugin Karma: 0  
Dear,
Thank you for your suggestions. I tried both, but still no reaction. Any other suggestions?
Regards
ISmalle

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hello,

if the iframe is correctly added in the offline page this workaround should be fine.
Try to post the link to the page to have a look at the source code.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top