Please Login to access forum.
Re:Local Time? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Local Time?
Geoff Doohan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[CLOSED]Local Time? Karma: 0  
Is there a way to change the times in the backend to reflect local time instead of server time?

I think there should be an option to change from server to local - It should be intuitive but at the moment I have to subtract 15 hrs every time I look at the backend.

Another log I was running Logman (administration log) uses local time which makes it easy to see and comprehend what time something has happened.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Local Time? Karma: 79  
Hello Geoff,

the stats are based on unix timestamp and are formatted based on server settings for the timezone, normally this should result in the local time. Not sure if you have control on that, but changing the time zone should do the trick.

If needed i can try to set it on your site or add an option in the next release of jrealtime.

John

Logged Logged  
Geoff Doohan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Local Time? Karma: 0  
My server is in Singapore while local here is Australia Brisbane.

My server time is set to PST Time and all times reflect this. BUT it doesn't seem to matter what time zone I put in for the server in Global Config - the log times all remain as 16 hrs behind us here.

Added to the next release will be fine thx

Logged Logged  
Geoff Doohan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
I'll just clarify the above -

Server is in Singapore
Local Time is Brisbane
Local Time difference is 2 hrs ahead of Singapore

My time in the backend of JRealtime Analytics shows Last Visit times as Local Time here -16 hrs.

If I change the Server Time in Joomla Config nothing changes in the JRealtime Analytics Last Visit times - allways 16 hrs difference.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Local Time? Karma: 79  
Thanks for the clarification.

The Joomla Config settings won't affect stats last visit time, it's based directly on unix timestamp and server settings not Joomla settings.

You should set the specific timezone directly in the php.ini file of the server adding:

Code:

date.timezone=Australia/Brisbane
If you have no access to php.ini i can do this in the PHP file used for the backend stats of JRealtime.

Logged Logged  
Geoff Doohan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
What and where do I need to add it?

I don't have server access so will have to either add this to a php.ini in the root of this site or into the stats php file you mentioned.

If you can let me know what to add to what file it would be appreciated.

Logged Logged  
Go to top