Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Incompatibilty with Server security software rules (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Incompatibilty with Server security software rules
BrainFutures.com, Inc.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Incompatibilty with Server security software rules Karma: 0  
I installed the Analytics component. It was making so many queries to the database in a very short time, that it tripped the server's security rule and caused a temporary lockout. The server was interpreting the rapid sequential queries as a brute force attack. I had to uninstall the component in order to "unlock" the server. Why the multiple queries? It was happening when I was working in the site Administrator doing some miscellaneous site content updates.

The server is a dedicated VPS. I am using the most current version of Joomla 3.4, with PHP 5.4.

Please advise.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Incompatibilty with Server security software rules Karma: 79  
Hello,

the extension needs a stream of data to track stats and what users are doing and visiting on the site. Without that stream the stats tracking would not be possible. The database is used to store tracked data, this happens in the frontend of the site not in the backend unless you are monitoring the realtime stats.

If you have problem of resources on your server, you can reduce the number of queries and the data stream using the parameter in the configuration as shown in the screenshot attached.

Otherwise simply add an exception for this traffic because it's not a brute force attack .

Greetings,

John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top