J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links Karma: 0  
This extension, like your others, works great. But, there is one feature that I really need in Event Stats and its not working for me. If someone, who is not logged in, bookmarks a page and then accesses the page directly from their bookmark it is not being recorded by the Event Stats. It seems my ES is only recording the page hit if the visitor is logged in and accesses a bookmark OR if they navigate to the page while on the site.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links Karma: 79  
Hello and thank you.

I don't think that the problem is the fact that a user is logged in or not or that the page is bookmarked or not. This can't make any difference, as long as the link is visited. Of course i suppose that the component is active both for guests and registered logged in users.

Maybe the problem is due to the fact that by default an event is tracked once per day. Thus if a user has visited the link on a certain day, all subsequent requests won't be tracked as duplicates.

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links Karma: 0  
Thanks for the really quick response ! You may well be right about the once a day issue. Is there any easy way I can make it track all hits to the page regardless of how may times the same user may has accessed it?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Not for the moment, the component is done to track unique events/visits by day to avoid false positives and duplicates. Eventually i can plan to add an option in the next release to change the component behavior.

Thanks

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Event Stats Not Recording Direct Page Links Karma: 0  
John:

I figured out why the bookmarked links were not being recorded. It was an error at my end that I won't bore you with. However, I need a couple of options added to Event Stats option and would like to get a custom script estimate from you if my request is feasible and if it is not a major job.

I'm looking for the following:

1. Can the Event Stats module be customized to include an option to receive immediate e-mail notifications to at least 2 variable email addresses when there is a "hit" on a URL link? I would like to enter different email addresses for each targeted entry.

2. Can the exported reports, particularly the PDFs, include the "time" of the "hit" in addition to the date which is presently used?

If this is possible, please provide me with a contact e-mail address for you. I had it once before but can't locate it.

Thanks !

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now

Logged Logged  
Go to top