Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration Karma: 79  

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CitrusKiwi Web Solutions LLC
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration Karma: 0  
Yes, well the workaround did work, but it's not close to satisfactory. The "look Mom no hands" functionality of email reporting was important to me. And, no, I don't want to have to put cron jobs in for every installation. This is said to handle automatic email reports, part of my buying decision was based on this.

This needs fixing please.

BTW (by the way) OP mean "Original post" or "Original Poster".

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration Karma: 79  
Indeed it executes the cronjob automatically at each first visit of the website of the day.

But if you get reports by email directly executing the URL http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_jrealtimeanalytics&task=serverstats.emailxls&tmpl=component
the problem could be related to the script that executes the cronjob.

I need to have full access admin/FTP to your website to analyze it further.

Logged Logged  
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Email Reports not functioning despite proper Joomla Outbound email configuration Karma: 0  
Happy New Year John. Some time ago you sent me a plugin to make the email reporting work correctly. Is this still required (there have been a couple of component updates since you sent it)?

Cheers.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Happy New Year to you Ian. Using the latest version 2.9 of JRealtime the plugin that i sent you is no more required (i've included the change in the main version)

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Thanks John! Have a great year!

Logged Logged  
Go to top