J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript
FT Web Solutions
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript Karma: 0  
Good day. I'm finishing up a site for a non-profit: http://www.forwardthinkingwebsolutions.com/~friends/

I'm using a Joomla Bamboo template and have installed Screen Reader in order to meet the needs of the organization. When Screen Reader is enabled I am unable to scroll on the home page. Additionally, other pages do not show the Zentools module. I've narrowed down the issue to Zentools and Screen Reader not wanting to work together.

I've attempted to disable javascript in the Zentools module but the module will not load. In Screen Reader I have changed several settings and have found that if the audio is enabled the module doesn't load. If the audio is not loaded the component works fine. I've also changed the order of plugins to see if this would change the result but I an still unsuccessful.

Your help is appreciated. I 'm looking forward to getting this work as it could be very beneficial to many of my clients.

Thanks,

Steve

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript Karma: 79  
Hello Steve,

it looks like a javascript conflict. Usually this happens when 2 different jQuery version are loaded and overwritten.

You can try to disable and set to 'No' the following parameters of the Screen Reader to see if it helps:

-Include jQuery script -> 'No'
-Force jQuery loading -> 'No'

John

Logged Logged  
FT Web Solutions
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript Karma: 0  
Thanks John for the quick reply. I've attempted all sorts of combinations including the NO on the two scripts. I just tested again in case I missed something. I cleared the browser cache/cookies as well.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Zentools & Screen Reader - Javascript Karma: 79  

Logged Logged  
FT Web Solutions
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thanks John. Give me a couple of minutes to set-up your account. I appreciate the help. I'm new to the resources here but am excited about the possibilities.

Steve

Logged Logged  
FT Web Solutions
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
The info is sent and includes a unique login ID.

Logged Logged  
Go to top