Go to bottom
TOPIC: some problems
KONSTANTINIDOY MICHAELA TITINA
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
some problems Karma: 0  
Hello
Please help me with some problem i have:

1. After Google change terms the Screen Reader on my site www.mtk.gr ( joomla 3) stop to work and i replace it with version 3.7. After that the Screen Reader start reading again, but there are some text ( i suppose the button names) upon the buttons and it look very badly. How can i remove it?

2. The Screen Reader appear when select any menu from the top menu, except the 4 menu

3. When reading, the Screen Reader begin reading all menus from top menu, image names and i don't know what else. I want to read only the articles. I am not familiar with the CSS selector, so to make the right changes. can you help me, please.

Thank you
Tina

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:some problems Karma: 79  
Hi Tina,

1. probably you have the old CSS still in cache after the update. Refreshing it should be enough to fix it and have names disappears. Those has been added to have WCAG compliance

2. could be due to another extension conflicting and breaking the screen reader

3. i can help you to specify the correct CSS selector to match only the articles text. But contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it and send me an admin account

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:some problems Karma: 0  
Ok, I just send you an email

Thank

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thank you very, very much !!!!!!

Logged Logged  
Impetus
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
I have installed screen reader to my website ( www.ecodomein.com ) and the voice of reading is different with the one of your site ( www.mtk.gr ). Can you tell me the reason? The only choice that is working in Screen Reader audio engine is the
Responsive Voice

Do you have any idea?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:some problems Karma: 79  
Hi,

the problem looks like other audio engines are not accessible because direct file access is blocked on the server.
These files used for audio engine must be accessible: http://www.ecodomein.com/plugins/system/screenreader/screenreader/libraries/tts/proxy.php http://www.ecodomein.com/plugins/system/screenreader/screenreader/libraries/tts/proxy_virtual.php
...etc...
opening in browser i see Hostgator error

Contact the hosting provider asking to allow these files.

Logged Logged  
Go to top