J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first?
Rob Jones
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first? Karma: 0  
Hi There,

I'm wondering if the screen reader can automatically read text in view, or does it still need the text in question to be manually highlighted by the end user, then to press the > play button?

I ask, as I can't seem to find that option / understand it if it is in the plugins settings page. You can see my staging copy of my soon to launch site here;

[hide] https://www.staging1.isknow.how/ You will see your plugin in the bottom left of pages.
[/hide]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first? Karma: 79  
Hi,

it works in both ways, read the default text if nothing is selected or read the selected text if any.

The default text is auto selected using the CSS selectors parameter 'CSS Selector for main page area'

You find more detailed info in the PDF docs. Obviously if your template has no matches you won't get any text auto-read unless you select it explicitely.

Regards

Logged Logged  
Rob Jones
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first? Karma: 0  
John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi,

it works in both ways, read the default text if nothing is selected or read the selected text if any.

The default text is auto selected using the CSS selectors parameter 'CSS Selector for main page area'

You find more detailed info in the PDF docs. Obviously if your template has no matches you won't get any text auto-read unless you select it explicitely.

Regards

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. To be fair I'm still a little cofuffled regading the CSS selector's for my pages, I think I need to keep re-reading till I understand how I will get it working to read my menu items and main body of pages and footer.

I suddenly noticed my registration system was skewed, so I contacted the 3rd party provider of EasyProfile about it and they stated I should deal with the javascript issues that reg page is showing and it seems to relate to my Screenreader, could you take a look and advise please?

[hide] https://www.staging1.isknow.how/pre-register-for-an-iskh-account - Please keep reply URL's private, as it's not launched to the public yet and I don't want it picking up by search engines, thank you. [/hide]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Can it auto read or needs text selecting manually first? Karma: 79  
Hi,

i'm not sure about the problem with Easyprofile and what's skeded, however i found a javascript issue in the screenreader that prevents it to work.
To fix it, you should try to change the parameter 'Responsive Voice loading' from 'Remove server' to 'Local server' as was by default.

Regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top