J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free
Lunarius
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free Karma: 0  
Hello! I've been using Instant Paypal Free for a short time now within a closed group; now that I want to offer sales outside the group I need to attach shipping costs. The problem is that neither shipping nor tax costs are showing up. Quantity is also not showing.

Here's my syntax:
{instantpaypal}action=addtocart,price=2,shippingamount=2,shippingtext=Shipping +,shippingtype=multiple,productname=Pearly Black Dice,showquantity=10{/instantpaypal}

I'm running Joomla 3.3.6.

Thanks very much!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free Karma: 79  
Hello!

That's normal, the extended options for tax, quantity etc are available in the professional edition of Instant Paypal, not in the free one.

Kind regards

John

Logged Logged  
Lunarius
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free Karma: 0  
Ah! Okay, thank you so much! That was my misunderstanding completely. Thank you

Logged Logged  
Lunarius
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Okay, so:

I purchased the Professional version and so far I'm hitting upon a few issues:

Single/Multiple shipping doesn't seem to matter; no matter what if there's more than one item (even of the same thing) it applies shipping for each item.

Second issue is that as soon as someone puts an item in their cart I get an email alert telling me that an order has been processed.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:No shipping, tax, or quantity. Instant Paypal Free Karma: 79  
Hello again

The single/multiple shipping is referred to the amount of items for each product added to cart, so for example adding 5 items of product X to the cart with shipping cost of 5USD the shipping can be 'single' and be for example 5 USD for all 5 products or 'multiple' and calculated equal to 25 USD

Having a global shipping cost for all the cart that contains different products is normally not possible with default features.

The email that is sent when users add to cart a product to place order is optional can be disabled if needed. This is done in this phase because after that all is processed on Paypal servers and you can't get notified anymore by Joomla site about the new order.

Logged Logged  
Lunarius
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Hi John!

I think there's some confusion and I believe it's my fault that I wasn't clear enough.

If a person puts Product X in their cart 1 time, then 1 instance of shipping is calculated. If they put Product X in 5 times, 5 instances of shipping are calculated -- it does not matter if the syntax for that item specifies Single or Multiple for shipping.

However: I do believe I've tracked down the reason for this. In Extensions > Plugin Management > Content - InstantPaypal, if 'Type of Shipping Amount' is set to Multiple it will override whatever is specified on individual product details -- contrary to what it's supposed to be doing.

Thank you for explaining the email situation; I see now why by default it's disabled. Paypal will send an email to the seller once a purchase has gone through so I'll disable the plugin's option for email again, I think.

Thanks very much for your responses, John!

Logged Logged  
Go to top