Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:paypal standard mobile optimization (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:paypal standard mobile optimization
Taylor Bruce Design Partnership
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
paypal standard mobile optimization Karma: 0  
Hi,

I am currently evaluating the instant paypal free product. It's very nice and a snap to get set up. I am required to optimize every website feature for use on mobile devices and it seems that the paypal payment screen is not mobile-optimized.

I took a look at the documentation and it appears that the payment page should be "smart" enough to determine when its viewed from a mobile device and adjust its layout accordingly.

QUOTE:
For now only merchants integrated with 'Buy Now' buttons or third party shopping carts (using “Cart Upload”) will benefit from Mobile PayPal Payments Standard...

Is there any remedy that you may aware of? Are there any params that may influence what paypal returns in this regard?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:paypal payments standard - mobile optimization Karma: 79  
Hi,,

as far as i know Paypal detects mobile devices serving the different optimized website only when there is a redirect to the Paypal payment page from an external website, the same that happens for this ecommerce.

The Paypal cart that opens up in a floating window like that used by this plugin is rendered in the same way independently from the device. I'm not aware if there is some Paypal params to change this but i don't think, probably Paypal has a prefixed behavior for this kind of integration.

Regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Taylor Bruce Design Partnership
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:paypal standard mobile optimization Karma: 0  
I did some more digging and noticed that I may be confusing the PayPal Payments Standard pages with the Express Checkout API.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Tony

Logged Logged  
Go to top