Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout Karma: 0  
John:

The new "Guest" checkout is pretty much what I was looking for and needed. The extension is sending the "purchase completed" e-mail to the address entered by the "guest" but the digital file(s) they purchased are not attached. If they don't pay attention to download the files during the checkout process then there is no way for them to retrieve them.

Is the script supposed to send the files? Am I doing something wrong?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout Karma: 79  
Hello Anthony,

no the email sent doesn't include files to download, files can be downloaded only on the site in the download area. But take care that for digital products another specific email is sent 'Your downloads are ready' with the link to click and download purchased products.

Regards,
John

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout Karma: 0  
Yes, I'm aware that there is another specific e-mail message notifying them they can click on the download link but since the Guest checkout does not ask them for a password, they can't sign in to get the files after clicking on the download link. Any suggestions? So many people don't pay attention during checkout.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout Karma: 79  
Files should be accessible to guest users to be downloaded.

If you plan to use guest checkout be aware to have files accessible to guests otherwise they won't be able to download.

I have no other suggestions....also take care that after the PayPal payment they are redirected to the download page automatically, even if the email was not received users are redirected to download immediately.

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Digital Files Not Attached To E-Mail For Guest Checkout Karma: 0  
Thanks for the quick replies John, as usual! Unfortunately, I have an issue I will have to play around with. You're right that once the user pays via Paypal they are directed to the download page, but many of them simply disconnect when they are returned to the site because they don't read correctly and they think the files are going to be sent to them via email. When they do get the e-mail with the download link, they can't get back in to download the files because they never registered with a password. I hope I'm explaining this to you correctly. I will play around with it for awhile but right now, the guest registration does not let them back in to download if they miss the initial download page. The download link sends them to the login form and obviously they can't get in since they never created a password. I'll work on it.

Logged Logged  
Go to top