Billing (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Billing
K-G Capital Holdings, LLC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Billing Karma: 0  
Hello,

Is there a way to skip the Billing info (on digital products, for example)?

That is to say, if the user is already registered and logged in, and he/she is buying a digital download product, it makes no sense during checkout to ask for the billing information (should be an option checkbox on the backend, I guess), since the name can be taken from the logged-in user info, along with email address, etc.

(Country tax info not needed)

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Billing Karma: 79  
Hello,

by default there are 'billing' and 'delivery' sections during the checkout. If in the cart there are only digital products the delivery step is skipped entirely and only the billing section for the regular invoicing is showed. For the first order the name is taken from the logged in user info, not the email address.
After the first registration/order of a certain user, all his data are saved in the customers database, so for all subsequent orders they will be auto filled and skipped too.

You can show/hide some fields for address and tax code using the checkout options in the component configuration (see image attached)
Other than that if you want to customize the billing form you have to setup a template override for the component.

John

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Billing Karma: 0  
I have done this (hide fields), but would like the billing step skipped completely.

Is this possible?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Billing Karma: 0  
One other thing...

I have set up my PayPal account so that users having a PayPal account is optional, as instructed in the manual.

The checkout process even shows a logo (graphic) with No PayPal Account Needed.

However, during test purchasing, when being redirected to PayPal, there is no such option (to the end user).

My website has a custom-made retail PayPal purchase option built into other pages, and during checkout, indeed no PayPal account is needed (so that basically discards a discrepancy in my PayPal Seller's options).

What gives?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
If not using the sandbox to test and the PayPal account is the same ,settings must be the same as in the PayPal seller account despite the extension used to checkout.

Logged Logged  
Go to top