Please Login to access forum.
Re:notifications (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:notifications
u-tech Laptop Repairs
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
notifications Karma: 0  
in the backend, under the notifications sections, custom emails can be sent to the customer depending on what process their order is at.

is it possible to insert database labels other than those listed on the right hand side? for example in my database in the "j2rje_instantpaypal_sales" table there is a field called "gorss_price" how can i add this field in the notification email?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:notifications Karma: 79  
No it's not possible unless you are able to customize the PHP file used to manage email placeholders. By the way the gross_price field is already part of the order_details

Logged Logged  
u-tech Laptop Repairs
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:notifications Karma: 0  
Ok so which file(s) will I need to edit php? Please let me know thanks

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:notifications Karma: 79  
The parsing of placeholders is done in the file root\administrator\components\com_instantpaypal\framework\emails.php

in the section:

Code:

// PARSE THE EMAIL CONTENT $content = "<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><meta http-equiv='content-type' content='text/html' />{$css}</head><body>" . $content . "</body></html>"; $content = str_ireplace ( '{user_name}', $sale->user->name, $content ); $content = str_ireplace ( '{user_email}', $sale->user->email, $content ); $content = str_ireplace ( '{user_address}', $sale->user->bill_address . ' ' . $sale->user->bill_address2 . ' ' ....
To add new placeholder in the right side of the backend the file to edit is the view template file: root\administrator\components\com_instantpaypal\views\emails\tmpl\default_edit.php

Logged Logged  
Go to top