J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Different shipping costs for different items (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Different shipping costs for different items
elisabetta petroni
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Different shipping costs for different items 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi, how can I assign different shipping costs to different items? I manage a bookshop online and obviously the shipping cost of a light calendar is very different from that of an heavy book.... Should I create a new shipping profile? And if so, how can assign this profile only to a category of products (for instance calendars) ??
Thanks a million!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Different shipping costs for different items 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 74  
Hi Elisabetta, that's not possible. Shipping methods can be assigned to countries and based on number of cart items or weight but they can't be associated to particular items.
Best regards
J

Logged Logged  
elisabetta petroni
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Different shipping costs for different items 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Oh, bad news!! Can I at least link the shipping costs in my website to those set in PayPal?
What if I set the shipping costs in IP to zero? After this in Paypal card the shipping costs set directly in PayPal will be added?

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2016/04/21 16:14 By pincopallo.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
I'm not aware of shippings managed directly in the PayPal account, what the component does is sending a shipping mode and cost to PayPal from the Joomla cart using the API, there are not other aspects under the control of the IP component.
If you set a shipping cost method to zero no charges will be passed to PayPal.

Logged Logged  
elisabetta petroni
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Different shipping costs for different items 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi, Instant Paypal Pro should really have an option to calculate the shipping costs based on weight... I wonder if you're planning to add this option to the next version; if not I suppose I have to look for a component which allows me to do this, but it's really a pity because I do love IP
Please consider this request; I'm sure it can be useful to other users too!

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi Elisabetta,

As I said in the previous post there is already the option to associate shipping cost methods based on weight range.

Thank you I know you like IP

Logged Logged  
Go to top