J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility
John Doyle Web
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility Karma: 0  
Hi

When using the free Instant Paypal v1.3, when I set up a "add to cart" button where the visitor can edit the price, the amount does not come through on the notification email. All I get is "-n.1" where the dollar amount should be. I am using the following syntax but have tried a few variations

{instantpaypal}action=addtocart,editprice=,productname=Course_Deposit,showquantity=1{/instantpaypal}

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility Karma: 79  
Hi

Try with a standard syntax removing the incomplete and wrong editprice= parameter, most probably that's the problem.

Logged Logged  
John Doyle Web
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility Karma: 0  
Hi

Can you tell me the correct syntax to use? When I remove "editprice=" no field appears for the customer to fill in an amount.

Thanks

-John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:No amount coming through on email notification when I set up a button with edit price facility Karma: 79  
Hi,

the syntax is correct as follow:
{instantpaypal}action=addtocart,price=30,taxamount=5,taxtext=USMAIL+,productname=DemoProductxxx1,showquantity=1{/instantpaypal}

However it assume a fixed price and it doesn't support to send by email an editable amount. The email amount will continue to be the fixed one if any, nothing as in your case if you didn't specify one.

John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
PS: we release update version 1.4 to support this.

Logged Logged  
Go to top