J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Solved Prob of NO BUTTONS showing, except FB Share. Still Prob on IE. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Solved Prob of NO BUTTONS showing, except FB Share. Still Prob on IE.
HRT
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Solved Prob of NO BUTTONS showing, except FB Share. Still Prob on IE. Karma: 0  
New install of Fast Social.
Pretty much all are set to Show.
Joomla (J) version = 3.4.1.
I checked site, and saw ONLY the Facebook (FB ) share button showing, and nothing else. No Like, No G+, No LinkedIn, No Pinterest, etc.
I cleared the J system cache and the Internet browser (Firefox 33.x.x, FF), and tried again. Same problem
No errors.
The page source had the Pinterest code, and so I was puzzled.
I tried configuration setting changes, and repeated clearing caches, and no change in results.
So, I tried Internet Explorer (IE).
The Pinterest button now showed.
Ah ha!
I realized a FF ad blocker I was testing and had left active was not allowing your buttons and images to display. GRRR!
Stupid ad blockers. Half of what ad blockers do are illegal, thus I do not use the ones that change a site's code before display occurs.
Turning Off/Disabling the ad blocker caused all the social buttons to show and scripts to work on FF.
You can check here and let me know if you do not see FB Like, F Share, G+, G+ Share, LI Share, or Pinterest (P) buttons: http://homeremediesandtips.whw1.com/home/pests/6-top-home-remedies-to-kill-and-control-cockroaches

IMPORTANT POINT.
I think it is very important for you to know that Ad Blockers are causing your buttons to fail to show, and nothing there to click on.

BUT WAIT, problem not resolved. On an older IE, 8, ONLY FB Share shows, and P's Pin It button show, and none of the others. Results of a built-in blocker of IE's or just an issue with IE 8?
I tried on IE 9 and all the social button showed. I am willing to ignore that fact that it does not work with IE 8, if that is the only one it does not work with.

FYI, it worked on FF 38 too.

I was a hair and one click away from putting a 2 star rating and uninstalling, but keep at it instead as it did not make sense, since I saw the code show in the Source Code.

By the way, same problems existed when I checked your demo site. Only the FB Share button showed, and nothing else; that is when the Ad Blocker was active.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Solved Prob of NO BUTTONS showing, except FB Share. Still Prob on IE. Karma: 79  
Hello and thanks for your VERY DETAILED report!

I think it's very useful to know that ad blocker also affects social buttons, indeed it has never happened with other users so maybe i think that not every ad blocker is doing this but only few of them...

Thanks !

John

Logged Logged  
HRT
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Solved Prob of NO BUTTONS showing, except FB Share. Still Prob on IE. Karma: 0  
Hello.
You are welcome.
It's my way of giving back.

Know that the Ad Blocker utilized was a major one, and fairly popular among people that risk making use of ad blockers.
It has probably happened with many users, but the user would not know in any way or form that the images and buttons are not being shown, and nothing suggests that something should be showing. The assumption jumped to by typical users is that the extension does not work and they move on without any comment, or email, or post submission, or rating being made.

Logged Logged  
Go to top