J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Changing the instance for the URL share to the absolute current url (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Changing the instance for the URL share to the absolute current url
Jules
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Changing the instance for the URL share to the absolute current url Karma: 0  
Hi and thanks in advance

I need some assistance on this as it is driving me to distraction

I have a site that pulls information from a remote database to display into the site page and creates its own url however when using Fast Social Share the ext refuses to pick up the current URL and gets the Instance one instead.

ie when sharing a job description it shares the Positions vacant section and not the actual position

please see http://www.asronline.com.au/index.php/positions-vacant and click on a current position to see in action

I have included the fastsocialshare.php file that I am using for reference and I cant for the life of me work out where to change the code to reflect the absolute URL and not the instance

please can you tell me what Im doing to get the sharing the correct url

thank you and kind regards
Jules

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Changing the instance for the URL share to the absolute current url Karma: 79  
Hi,

i visited your website and tried what you suggested.

You should know that the URL doesn't change/reload when you click a single position. Indeed position details are loaded over AJAX and the URL gets an extra parameter appended all managed by javascript.

The plugin to share works in PHP server side so you need to notify it in some way on the client side and using javascript that the URL is changed after the AJAX request has loaded details for the clicked position.
You have to develop a client side integration.

kind regards
John

Logged Logged  
Jules
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Changing the instance for the URL share to the absolute current url Karma: 0  
Thanks John I will ask the supplier of the code to see what they can do I appreciate the assistance

Logged Logged  
Go to top