Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1 (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1
chris
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1 Karma: 0  
Hi all!
I'm using this FSS extension since a long time without any trouble.
But I've upgraded my joomla to 3.5.1 release and now it's not working correctly regarding the Open Graph parameters: OG:url is now missing!

The source code of my website you can check here informatique is showing the OG:title OG:image OG:description generated by FSS, but there's no OG:url and that's a mandatory field for instance for Pinterest Open Graph...
And since J3.5.1 all canonical URLs are not working anymore (bug detected since 3.5.1...) So is there any relation between them??

I remember it was working fine in J3.5.0

How can we activate again the OG:URL ??? Do Joomla needs to have a canonical URL to enable FSS in order to generate a OG:url ???? If so, how to solve?? (wait J3.5.2 or add other extension ? or have a fix from FSS?

Thanks for your feedback!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1 Karma: 79  
Hi,

no you are off road and off topic, the og:url tag is not generated by FSS and has not relation with this plugin.
I'm not aware of this bug of Joomla 3.5.1, also Joomla itself does not add the og:url tag so you have probably some other extension involved.

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
chris
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1 Karma: 0  
Thanks for your fast feedback John!
I've many extension and was nearly it was yours (as I have OG:image OG:type etc.. coming from FSS)... sorry for your time to read my topic above, I'll search on other directions.
& Keep on good job with your fabulous extensions!

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:OG:url and canonical URLs problem since J3.5.1 Karma: 79  
Thank you very much Chris
Yes probably you have some third party plugins adding og:url that now has stopped working on J3.5.1
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top