Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Can you use the login button when you have account (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Can you use the login button when you have account
neil
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Can you use the login button when you have account Karma: 0  
Hi
I have the fblogin set up on my site and I was wandering whether Already signed up members can still use the button to login? At the moment it if I try to login with the button it tells me that the email address is already in use and it doesn't log me in. Can this be changed so that everyone can login using the fb button?
Thanks

My site http://www.ultrarunningcommunity.com/

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Can you use the login button when you have account Karma: 79  
Hi,

although technically this would possible, it's really not doable because of the way that Joomla manages passwords in the database table.

This would have the side effect to overwrite the password chosen by users with a random generated password used by the Facebook Login to login into the system.

Joomla encrypts password so it's not possible do a login with an existing user account programmatically. For this reason the Facebook login has to be used by users that have not already a standard account in the system or at least ensure that a new account can be created having not the same email, because Joomla also requires unique emails address in the system.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
neil
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can you use the login button when you have account Karma: 0  
That's a shame. It would be a lot slicker if you could do that. Thanks for you response, and I understand it is Joomla that is creating the issue. A great app, I love it!

Logged Logged  
neil
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can you use the login button when you have account Karma: 0  
Hi again. I use Community Builder and there is a setting that allows you to 'Autogenerate random registration password' or not. Would this alter things?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Can you use the login button when you have account Karma: 79  
Hi Neil,

i think you refer to a setting of Community Builder i'm sure the purpouse of this autopassword generation, but i don't think it will conflict with the InstantFBLogin.
The problem is related, that Joomla doesn't store passwords in clear in the database.

Regards,

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top