Please Login to access forum.
Connect to existing account (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Connect to existing account
Matt
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Connect to existing account Karma: 0  
A lot of these social things allow you to connect a social media account to an existing account you have on a website.

I noticed in one thread you can't use the login because emails match existing users.

Would it be possible from a logged in account to "connect" the facebook account to the account so that it would replace their information with the facebook login information.

I have an existing site I'd like to use this with, but there are hundreds of members, and there is a connected phpbb forum with jfusion, so it would be a real pain to go through and delete or manually connect accounts.

Could there be a button on their profile page that would cause them to pull up the facebook interface and overwrite their existing account info with that info?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Connect to existing account Karma: 79  
Hello Matt,

it's possible to match exisitng users when connecting using a social account, however a new record for that user is created.
This is required because otherwise the password will be overwritten during the social login and the existing user will lose credentials.
Eventually contact me if you need a trial package to test.

Greetings,
John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top