Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Facebook API app review 2018 and Facebook API changes (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Facebook API app review 2018 and Facebook API changes
Marc A. Beaulieu
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Facebook API app review 2018 and Facebook API changes Karma: 0  
Hi, I've purchased Instant FB Login and it's working well and using version 2.3 since 2018-01.

My question is that today I received an email from Facebook saying to submit my FB app for exam to keep access rights to FP API - this is related they say to updates to their exam process and modifications to their API authentication model announced at the F8 2018.

They say not doing the exam I'll loose access to autorizations and features requiring an exam like: user_friends, user_link, user_gender, user_age_range.

Does Instant FB Login use those FB features? When I click the link they provide it gets me to a Q&A page about Graph API 3.0: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/faqs/?fragment=graph-api-3-0 When I click the Question: " My app used Facebook Login. Is it affected by the v3.0 launch?"

They say: "Yes. Apps can access only a user's name, email address, and profile picture without App Review. All other permissions will require review by Facebook."
So I'm a bit confused, do I have to do something or not since I'm using Instant FB Login 2.3 - will I loose functionality if I don't submit the app for exam? Or what must I do to keep things working well with my site and your plugin?
Thank you

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Facebook API app review 2018 and Facebook API changes Karma: 79  
Hi,

No you need to do nothing because instant Facebook login is not involved in this change.

It doesn't use these optional informations requiring approval to perform the login.
All features that require an exam and Facebook approval are not used to perform the login and are not mandatory.

Always ensure to have installed the latest version of the component to stay up to date with the Facebook api.

Here is the changelog: https://storejextensions.org/forum/view/28-changelogs/7865-re-instant-facebook-login-changelog.html

Best regards

John Dagelmore

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top