Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself.
BoxHatch
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[Solved] Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself. Karma: 0  
Hi,

First off, I don't know why my review (5/5) wasn't posted on JED. Thanks for this component, it saved me a lot of time!

Here's the problem.

I was trying to do some tweaking to the module. Nothing huge, just some CSS changes. The first time I tested the FB login, it worked great - as expected.

After doing the tweaks, I deleted myself from the Joomla Userlist and from the InstantFB control panel. Now, I can't login/register with my FB anymore.

It shows me the loading screen, then does nothing. Almost nothing. It adds a string in the URL bar like this:

mywebsite.com/index.php?fblogin=1

If I continue pressing the login button.. it just does this and nothing else:

mywebsite.com/index.php?fblogin=1&fblogin=1&fblogin=1&fblogin=1

I uninstalled the component (and the mods and plugs) and reinstalled it. It didn't fix the problem..

I tried logging in with another FB account. At first it looked like it didn't work.. I had to press the login button twice for it to work.

Any idea why that is and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself. Karma: 79  
Hi and thanks for your effort posting a review on the JED, the reason is that currently the JED is on migration to the new site and they stopped to accept reviews: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/content/article/72
I hope you will post a new review as soon as the new JED site will be online

About the problem you are experimenting, it's difficult to say what the problem could be, it would be better if i could try to have a look at the site and try to login, eventually post the URL.

Thanks and regards

John

Logged Logged  
BoxHatch
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself. Karma: 0  
Fast support too. Thanks.

After fiddling around I found a fix (or it got fixed by itself). I created a new user in Joomla, tried to log in with FB, didn't work, deleted myself, tried to login with FB and voila, worked again.

I think the reason why it 'broke' in the first place is actually my fault. I initially deleted the Joomla user and didn't realize I had to delete the same user from the component.

And after deleting myself the second time (sounds emo-is, hehe) I also realized that if you delete a user from the component it automatically deletes the Joomla user too.

About the JED review, I'll try it again when it's possible to do so. Thing is they've approved another review of mine which was submitted minutes after the InstantFBlogin review. Weird.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Ohh ok now i understand

Thanks for your follow up.

About the JED is very weird, they say that on 31 October review submission is suspended... if you have some time try again, otherwise i will let you know when the new site is online.

Thanks a lot!

John

Logged Logged  
BoxHatch
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can't log in with FB if I deleted myself. Karma: 0  
"Thank you for your interest in writing a review for this extension. Currently review submissions are disabled as we migrate data to our new site. Click to view the JED3 Status."

Seems I can't do it now. I'll try it after they migrate. Or my initial review will appear then, who knows.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Yes i don't know.

We will wait that the new site will be online.

thanks.

Logged Logged  
Go to top