J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios Karma: 0  
This is a great extension and it works well for me when viewing the changes using Windows / Internet Explorer. But, NONE of the style changes appear when they are viewed with an Ios Operating System or Safari browser. Its as though the changes where never made if the web pages are viewed with other than the Windows / Internet Explorer combination.

What am I doing wrong?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios Karma: 79  
Thank you, this is based on standard CSS styles and normally the browser and operating system makes no difference. Custom styles apply to Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc
We'll do some more tests to check if Safari and iOS mobile device don't support this CSS override.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Our tests confirmed that iOS and Safari works in the same way of other browser and operating system with custom styles.

If this don't apply, the problem is probably different and could be due to the particular template used.

If the Joomla template renders different classes or html structure for mobile devices such as iOS, the style rules won't be able to apply being generated on a different desktop version. To confirm if this is the case just try it using the default Joomla template.

Regards,

John

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios Karma: 0  
I just replied to your message but the reply disappeared when I clicked Submit. I hope this is not a duplicate.

I had indicated that you were right. The style changes do take effect but only if you are using standard Joomla templates. I tried the extension on several premium templates and the style changes were not visible on tablet and mobile devices using Safari and iOS. The quick really ruins this convenient extension. Hopefully, you guys can figure out a work around. I have several of your other extensions and they all look and work great ! Thanks for the quick reply and good support.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Thanks to confirm this. In the meanwhile we ran some more tests on Joomla templates that uses particular classes to differentiate mobile devices, a workaround should be possible.

Thanks for the collaboration.

Logged Logged  
Zebra2
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Style Changes Not Visible To Safari or Ios Karma: 0  
Thanks very much for the offer but I already fixed the templates manually. That, however, sort of defeats the use of this convenient extension since most people are now using mobile devices. Hopefully, you can develop the work around !

Logged Logged  
Go to top