J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:How to display modules side by side at a template position (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:How to display modules side by side at a template position
Todd Smith
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
How to display modules side by side at a template position Karma: 0  
Hello

I recently purchased visual styles and responsiver components.

Using visual styles, I assigned two modules to one position. I assigned a random image (mod_random_image) and a banner (mod_banners) to the responsivizer_logo position.

They display one on top of the other, vertically. I would like to display them side by side or horizontally.

What would be the best method to accomplish this with visual styles? I am using the styles dashboard and attempted to use Float, both right and left in several combinations. It had no effect when previewing them.

Please advise me as to how best to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:How to display modules side by side at a template position Karma: 79  
Hello,

basically the Responsivizer layout is done to show elements stacked and not side by side.

So to have it you should use styles in a forced way. Not sure if this can be easily done using Visual Styles or if it's require more advanced CSS coding.

However the correct way would be assigning them a float box (left/right) and a width less that 50% for each module.

Greetings,
John

Logged Logged  
Todd Smith
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:How to display modules side by side at a template position Karma: 0  
Thanks John,

I switched to the the Beez3 template and repeated my steps. Everything worked in a visual styles as expected. Thank you.

So is the strategy that I should use is to design my website with a default template other than responsivizer and then use responsivizer_switcher when it detects a mobile device? Of course, at that point the responsivizer template would utilize the vertical positioning.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:How to display modules side by side at a template position Karma: 79  
Hi Todd,

well basically Visual Styles should mostly be used for the normal desktop template. Then when mobile devices are detected the Responsivizer layout will be switched automatically rendering the mobile layout already optimized. It doesn't need additional styles or changes.

Greetings
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top