Please Login to access forum.
Re:Setup questions. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Setup questions.
Nathan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Setup questions. Karma: 0  
A few questions as I'm working on setup.

Baseline linke: https://www.cruiseaficionados.com/portal/index.php

The header links someplace that errors out. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or if this is tied to something in the Joomla configuration.

At the bottom of the page, below the content, the page navigation bar displays in a very sloppy way and breaks the AMP link chain. Is there a setting to eliminate the page navigation from displaying?

Is there a way to force links displayed on AMP pages to link only to other AMP links?

With regard to setting up the menu module:

By "Menu module name" do you mean the type of menu module? I use Maximenu CK which is the type that shows in the module manager, do I use that or "menu"?

For "Menu module title" do I use the name of the instance of the module or the menu displayed in the module named above? The instructions leave me unsure if I'm picking the wrong names for one or both.

Is there anything in jSitemaps that accounts for AMP links being shown as an option?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Setup questions. Karma: 79  
The header link requires that you activate the Joomla SEF rewriting based on the htaccess 'Use URL Rewriting' So all 'index.php' will be removed from URLs, it's also mandatory for good SEO and AMP indexing.

The navigation bar can be restyled with custom CSS or completely eliminated. You find plugin settings to do both things, parameter 'Elements to remove by CSS selectors' or 'Custom CSS styles'. The plugin is already developed in order to let you customize almost everything using settings. The PDF docs explain in details all possibilities.

Links displayed on AMP pages are already automatically turned to link only to other AMP pages.

'Module name': it's the real name of the module in the Joomla database and filesystem. For example in the case of Maximenu CK it's 'maximenuck' or 'mod_maximenuck'

'Module title': it's the title of the module instance as appearing in the Joomla modules list. It's case sensitive and must be specified exactly as it appears.

JSitemap is able to generate a sitemap including AMP links, it's the specific AMP sitemap.

Logged Logged  
Nathan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Setup questions. Karma: 0  
Great and helpful response. I was able to get the menu to display. The issues with the index.php showing are the usual Joomla related issues with configuring SEF/HTACCESS and such which I'm working on separately. I'm curious about some HTML noise though in some pages such as:
https://cruiseaficionados.com/portal/index.php/cruise-news-2/amp

There seems to be some doubling of the author and shome HTML code bleeding into the presentation. Any thoughts on what I need to adjust?

No rush, given the holiday.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Setup questions. Karma: 79  
The doubled article depends on the specific article template. Indeed it's doubled because of mobile layouts:

<span class="hidden-phone"> Written by NWLB</span><span class="visible-phone"> NWLB</span>

You can remove one of the 2 spans for AMP.

The code bleeding looks like a plugin or some code to be replaced that takes no effect on AMP. If a plugin, it can be excluded from the AMP generation.

Logged Logged  
Nathan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Setup questions. Karma: 0  
Spot on, I was able to exclude the elements and found the Social Share button plugin was the culprit. I found it on the menu of options and the site is clean as a whistle now.

Can't say enough about how well thought-out this extension is for Joomla and folks like myself that can puzzle some but not all of the details out.

Logged Logged  
Go to top