J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run
Richard
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run Karma: 1  
I am using JAmp with the JReviews addon and after setting up and testing for a while i am down to these 2 errors:

1. The text (CDATA) inside tag 'style amp-custom' contains 'CSS !important', which is disallowed

2. Invalid URL protocol 'fax:' for attribute 'href' in tag 'a'

I tried to correct them in the disallowed tags and elements section as well as exclude elements but am probably not doing it in the right way, can you help?

I also have 10 structure errors (see attached image) that keep cropping uu, are they something related to JAmp or should I ask Alejandro at JReviews?

The errors in the image appear when testing this JReview article

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run Karma: 79  
You should report both 1. and 2. to Alejandro at JReviews, because both are not part of JAmp thus they relate to the JReviews component. Being JReviews controlling those integrations for AMP, using the disallowed tags, etc in the JAmp plugin won't have any effect.

Logged Logged  
Richard
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run Karma: 1  
Thank you John, I will contact Alejandro.

Logged Logged  
Richard
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Update

Alejandro worked on the JReviews integration issues today and they are now resolved, with AMP output for JReviews listings appearing correctly using the JReviews Add-on and JAmp.

The AMP output for the listing in my original post can be seen here

I do have two questions relating to my JAmp settings:

1. There is an Author profile with lots of images at the bottom of the website listing that i do not want to appear on the AMP output (it comes from the user profile of EasySocial) as well as the Comments section below the website listing (it comes from Komento, which in integrated with JReviews for comments).

2. When I turn on the 'Enable Plugins Exclusion' (where i assume the Easysocial and Komento exclusions should go) and add either the Komento or EasySocial plugin exclusion, the AMP output changes to only show the Summary/Description content of the listing instead of all of it.

Is there a setting I need to change or can you help to fix the problem?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:A number of errors on initial AMP Test Run Karma: 79  
That's good.

I've no idea about what's causing the side effect 2. and if it's expected or not.

however if for some reason you can't use the 'Enable Plugins Exclusion' turn to the 'Elements to remove by CSS selectors' parameter.

Adding selectors as:

Code:

#kt,#es
will have the same effect to remove the output of Komento and Easysocial from AMP pages. This parameter is also discussed here: https://storejextensions.org/forum/view/30-jamp/6477-re-how-can-i-disable-som-images.html

Logged Logged  
Richard
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thank you John, the elements options solved the issue and after fine tuning the visual side, the latest version from the link in my previous post is close to what i am looking for (I hope it looks ok).

I forgot to ask my first question in the last post (i put the background to the second question as question 1 by mistake), i have the social icons set up and i know they work because when i turned on 'exclude plugins' they appeared correctly in the reduced layout just below the header bar.

However when the 'exclude plugins' option is turned off (as it is now), the social icons disappear - see image.

How can that be corrected?

(Ref the image with the white border, i think it is a bit small on the website and assume it is not big enough for the minimum AMP parameters, if so it is not a question i need solved).

Logged Logged  
Go to top