Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:JSitemap not retrieving document from parent category for Docman2.x documents (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:JSitemap not retrieving document from parent category for Docman2.x documents
Franck Tanoh
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]JSitemap not retrieving document from parent category for Docman2.x documents Karma: 0  
Hi,
I have a document 2.06 document structure similar to the following:
-parent category (no document)
--sub category 1 (no document)
---sub-sub category 1 (no document)
----sub sub sub category 1 (all document here)

Basically i have a very nested structure and document are mostly found in the last sub category.
The problem I'm having is that i followed the documentation on setting up Docman 2.x for JSitemap but when i set the category id as the parent id (which is link to a menu), the site map doesn't return any document. I have to explicitly give the category id of the sub category where the documents are located before it can retrieve documents.
I have over 300 sub categories containing documents so it's practically impossible to explicitly set each of them. Beside all documents are link to only 3 menu items using 3 parent categories.

Am I missing an option in JSitemap? Or how can i retrieve document given the parent category id which is used by the menu?

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:JSitemap not retrieving document from parent category for Docman2.x documents Karma: 79  
Hi Franck,

based on your configuration, you could try to set the category restriction in the SQL parameter not in the final category but for the ancestor one, that in your case would be the top parent category ID.

See the screenshot below, this setup should work.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Franck Tanoh
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:JSitemap not retrieving document from parent category for Docman2.x documents Karma: 0  
Hi John,

It's working fine now

Thank you for the tip

Regards,

Franck

Logged Logged  
Go to top